The Meteorology dept. aims to deploy a state-of-the-art Immersive Telepresence solution
(referred to as ITP) to address the following business requirements:
- The Meteorology department is planning to have this system on 4 main locations:
ABUHAMOUR, OLD AIRPORT, NEW AIRPORT and ADMIN office.
- This Immersive Real-Presence Video Conferencing solution enables a better user experience
& effective collaboration.
- Daily meetings between weather forecasters across all the CAA locations.
- During these meetings they will share the Meteorology Maps/details/diagrams/documents
etc. These meetings are considered crucial and very confidential
- Major shared contents are SYNERGIE, MESSIR system, and other forecasting systems.
Also any video live feeds can be shared through the same infrastructure.
- CAA might have to interact with the external bodies (govt. /private), vendors &
principals over video conferencing (IP/ ISDN). Therefore, the solution must enable
connectivity to external parties as over LAN/WAN, the Internet as well as ISDN networks.
- These meetings will be recorded. Optionally, recordings can be edited & published
on a content management portal to be viewed by users on the Internet
- The Meteorology department is considering mobility, by enabling attendees to join
the telepresence conferences from mobile devices such as PC/MAC and iOS/Android
phones/tablets … etc. on the go. .
- The Meteorology department is considering VSAT connectivity as a backup.